Grace Baptist Church exists to glorify God. For over forty years, we have sought to fulfill our purpose by supporting the preaching of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, the conversion of sinners, the edification of the saints, and the propagation, in every way, of Christianity throughout the world. The following five goals help to ensure that our church maintains a clear focus, whether the work of ministry is being done here in the Central Valley, or on the other side of the globe.
Grace Baptist Church exists to glorify God. Ever since the church was founded on September 23rd, 1979 we have been committed to seeing God’s name exalted in worship. We believe worship is much more than just singing praise to God. Worship is living to glorify God. So, no matter what we do, we seek to do all to the glory of God.
“So whether you eat or drink or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
– 1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV)
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV)
Grace Baptist Church is committed to a high view of Scripture. This means we consider God’s word, as revealed in the sixty-six books of the bible to be completely sufficient as our guide for living a life that brings glory to God. Since we have a high view of Scripture we also believe in the following:
- We believe the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God. The Bible is our standard for belief and living.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. His ascension to the Father’s right hand and His future return in power and glory.
- We believe that all people are sinners and lost before a holy God. We believe that the only means of forgiveness and eternal life is through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Spirit of God indwells each believer, giving power for godly living and service.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to eternal blessedness and in the final condemnation of those who reject or ignore God’s grace in Christ.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in Christ, and in the universal Church as God’s agency in bringing in His Kingdom.
- We practice baptism by immersion for those who have put their trust in Christ. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper monthly, inviting all who follow Christ to participate.
Engage in Prayer
“Pray then like this:
‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’”– Matthew 6:9-13 (ESV)
Equip the Saints
Grace Baptist Church desires to glorify God by helping each believer be equipped to minister to those who are saved and those who are still lost. Ministry is not limited to teaching Scripture and engaging in prayer. Ministry is service to others that is done in connection with the local church. We expect all believers to be committed to growing in Christ with other believers as they minister to others.
“And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”
– Ephesians 4:11-16 (ESV)
Grace Baptist Church is committed to making disciples who will seek to glorify God. These disciples will come by evangelizing the lost, whether that is done locally or globally. Local evangelism begins in each home because each family has been given a responsibility to share the gospel with those in its sphere of influence. Global evangelism is done through partnerships with local churches that share the same commitments as we do.
“Go, therefore, into all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all my commandments, and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
– Matthew 28:19-20 (ESV)